- Three years Degree Course for semester system covering three calendar years. The schedule of the semester system shall be as shown below:
- First, third and Fifth Semester (including examination): August 1 – December 31
- Second, Fourth and Sixth Semester (including examination): January 1 – June 30
- Semester break: July 1 – July 31
- Student’s performance should be monitored throughout the semester by continuous assessment in the theory and practical courses. Evaluation of the students’ performance in each of the theory and practical paper will be based on the following:
- Internal Evaluation: 20%
- External Evaluation: 80%
- Internal Evaluation should be based on two sessional examinations, home assignments, seminars and library works in each semester. The schedule for internal evaluation is given in academic calendar. External evaluation should be through a final examination at the end of the semester.
- The pass mark in each theory paper is 30% and that in each practical paper is 40%. In each paper student must secure pass marks in both the internal as well as external evaluation separately.
- A student who could not appear or failed in any semester examination will be allowed to clear the same as follows:
- First semester with the regular third semester examination.
- Second semester with the regular fourth semester examination.
- Third semester with the regular fifth semester examination.
- Fourth semester with the regular sixth semester examination.
- A student may be allowed to repeat any one of the theory papers in the first, second, third and fourth semester and may be allowed for betterment of marks in one paper in the fifth semester, provided the student secures less than 45% marks in the paper.
- A student must pass all semester examination, including repeat and betterment chances within five years from the date of admission to the first semester course. A student will get a maximum of three chances to clear a particular semester.
- Since the semester involves continuous assessment there would be no scope for a student to appear as a private candidate in any subject.
- For any matter not covered under this regulation for semester system, the existing University rules and the Gauhati University Act 1949 (as amended till date) should be applicable.
- Students can also see the time to time modifications (if any) in any part of the regulation for semester system in the notice section of the Gauhati University website (gauhati.ac.in).
- For the students of Non-CBCS (semester) system, Goalpara college offers the following subjects (both in major and general) in three streams (Arts, Science and Commerce).
|i) MIL (Assamese/Alternative English)||viii) Mathematics|
|ii) Elective Assamese||ix) Philosophy|
|iii) English||x) Political Science|
|iv) Economics||xi) Statistics|
|v) Education||xii) Arabic|
|vi) Geography||xiii) Sociology|
|vii) History||xiv) Computer Science|
|i) Botany||vi) Physics|
|ii) Chemistry||vii) Statistics|
|iii) Economics||viii) Zoology|
|iv) Geography||ix) Computer Science|
|i) Business Mathematics||v) Cost Accounting|
|ii) Financial Accounting – I||vi) Human Resource Management|
|iii) Business Organization & Entrepreneurship development||vii) Rural and Micro Finance|
|iv) Indian Financial System|
- Students opting for any subject shown in column I below must have passed the corresponding subject (s) shown in column II in the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
|Column I||Column II|
|Physics||Physics and Mathematics|
|Chemistry (Major)||Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics|
|Physics (Major)||Physics, mathematics|
|Botany (Major)/Zoology (Major)||Biology, Chemistry|