This is a vital part of academic activities in the colleges of Assam, though it is not included in the academic activities defined by the U.G.C.
Course of Study:
The Higher Secondary (H.S) course under Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) is of two years duration. At the end of the first year, an examination will be conducted in the college following the instruction/regulation of AHSEC. After successful completion of the said examination, a student is allowed to appear in the H.S. Final examination at the end of second year.
Combination of subjects:
Core Subjects: 1. English 2. MIL (Assamese)/Alternative English
Elective Subjects: Students have to select any four subjects from the following groups out of which one subject is optional.
|VI||Adv. Assamese/Logic & Philosophy/Mathematics|
|IX||Introductory Computer Science/Swadesh Addhayan|
|X||Mathematics/Logic & Philosophy/Adv. Assamese/Arabic|
|I||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Statistics/Introductory Computer Science|
|II||Physics, Statistics, Mathematics and Introductory Computer Science/Geography|
|III||Physics, Geography, Mathematics and Biology/Statistics/Introductory Computer Science|
|IV||Economics, Statistics, Mathematics and Geography/Introductory Computer Science|
- Compulsory Subject: English, MIL (Assamese)/Alternative English), Environmental Education
- Elective subject (Compulsory): Business Studies, Accountancy
- Elective subject (Optional): Any two subjects from the following groups:
- Economics/Salesmanship and Advertising/Insurance/Banking/Economic Geography/Computer Science and Application
- Commercial Arithmetic & Elements of Statistics/Mathematics/Statistics
Distribution of Marks
|Subjects||H.S. 1st Year*||H.S. 2nd Year*|
|MIL (Assamese)/Alt. English||100||100|
* For elective subjects with practical: Theory-70 Marks & Practical- 30 Marks
** Marks of fourth subject is not added to the aggregate.
- Environment Education has been included as a qualifying subject in the 1st year and students will have to appear in a paper for 50 marks.
- A new subject namely Swadesh Addhayan has been introduced in the Higher Secondary Course as an Elective subject from the session 2019-20.